Some big names in Fortnite gaming have taken to rage quitting the Twitch Rivals tournament over the B.R.U.T.Es that were added to season 10.
The B.R.U.T.Es have been one of the most controversial additions to Fortnite ever. Basically, it’s nearly impossible to beat. It has a health of 1000, plus it has rockets and a shotgun. If you think that’s hard to beat, then you should know that it can also take down buildings – and you don’t even need a second person to help you control the thing as you can swap seats inside to flit between shooting and driving.
Video you'll love from around the web
It’s first come, first serve, as it appears randomly.
100 Thieves’ Jack ‘CouRage’ Dunlop announced on August 22 that he will no longer be playing in the $400,000 Twitch Rivals Fortnite tournament, and will instead just stream Minecraft.
During the Fortnite Twitch Rivals tournament, professional players tfue and CouRage also took to rage quitting.
Basically, what spurred this on was when CouRage was playing with TimTheTatman. While they were hiding in a building, it was taken out by a B.R.U.T.E.
Man…I really do love Minecraft.— Jack “CouRage” Dunlop (@CouRageJD) 22 August 2019
The streams are 100% positive from start to finish. We keep breaking viewer records every time on the game.
So grateful for the support. I’ve decided I’m not playing Twitch Rivals/Fortnite tomorrow. Just Minecraft.
It looks like the stance against Epic Games has worked, as some changes have come into effect regarding B.R.U.T.Es immediately.
Here are the changes Epic Games has implemented already:
- Decreased the maximum amount of rockets fired by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
- Decreased the rate at which the rockets are fired from the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
- Decreased the radius of the B.R.U.T.E.’s rocket explosion by 42%.
- Increased the dash cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Decreased the velocity gained from boosting while in air by 33%.
- The B.R.U.T.E. no longer grants materials to the driver and passenger when stomping or dashing through the environment. (This won’t be arriving right away, Epic says, but after these other changes are in effect.)
- Decreased the material cost of using the gunner’s overshield from 200 to 75.
- Increased the Health of the B.R.U.T.E from 1000 to 1250.
What do you think of the rage quitting?
Featured image credit: Epic Games