GTA Online is getting a $6 monthly subscription service for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The service launches tomorrow, March 29th.
Following in the footsteps of Fallout 76s ‘Fallout 1st’ subscription service, Rockstar Games has now jumped on the bandwagon with one of its own. Albeit the GTA Online service is half the price of the one offered in Fallout 76.
GTA+ is said to offer exclusive benefits that are not available in the base version of GTA Online. Subscribers receive a recurring GTA$500,000 each month while your membership is active.
Players will also have the ‘opportunity’ to acquire properties that they may have missed out on when previously available. Furthermore, subscribers will benefit from member-only discounts, RP bonuses, special vehicle upgrades and more every month.
Here’s what members will receive between March 29th to April 27th:
- GTA$500,000 is delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop is located in La Mesa, which introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts are automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep in the Street Race Series.
- GTA+ Members can also take advantage of special GTA+ Shark Cards that provide extra bonus cash from the PlayStation Store on the PS5 or Microsoft Store.
While we do not have the set price for GTA+ in the UK at the time of writing, the US monthly cost is $5.99. So, it should be around £5, assuming it falls in line with the conversion rate. To compare, it costs £6.19 to buy GTA$500k via a one-off transaction. GTA+ will also only be available for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
What are your thoughts on the GTA+ subscription service, is it something that interests you? Let us know across our social media channels.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Rockstar Games