Finally, horror indie sensation Phasmophobia has added a single player mode in celebration of the game’s one year anniversary.
Update 0.3.1.0 is available now, which will not only add the highly anticipated single player mode but also a variety of quality-of-life improvements and features.
News of the single player mode coming to Phasmophobia was announced in a recent blog post on Steam. “It has been an amazing year for Kinetic Games and Phasmophobia and I would like to thank everyone for their amazing support.”
While Phasmophobia is primarily a co-op multiplayer game, the single player mode will not require you to be connected to a server. This mode can be played offline.
The addition of a single player mode will be welcomed news for fans, especially for those that have been wanting to try out Phasmophobia, but might not be able to always gather friends to play co-op.
Other improvements made to Phasmophobia include a “complete redesign of the journal to make it easier to use and navigate.” You can now also cross off evidence on a ghost in the evidence page, as well as the pause menu now being integrated into the journal.
Other improvements include the VR mute button being changed to the pause button for all controllers. When failing a contract, you will no longer lose $10. Instead, you will get insurance depending on the difficulty mode. Orbs will also now periodically change position when a ghost is in a room, and much more.
You can check out all the improvements and changes made with the latest update below.
- A complete redesign of the journal to make it easier to use and navigate
- You can now cross off evidence on the ghost evidence page
- The pause menu is now integrated into the journal
- You can now change all settings using the journal whilst in-game
- Added an option to play offline single player which won’t connect you to the server
- Added new fonts for several languages that had missing characters
- The VR mute button has been changed to the pause button for all controllers. Your controller will vibrate when toggling mute
- You will no longer get $10 for failing a contract and will instead get the insurance depending on the chosen difficulty
- If you fail a contract, you will now see what the ghost type was
- Ghost orbs will now periodically change position in the ghost room
- You can no longer see the D.O.T.S Projector ghost if you are dead
- Fixed a memory leak on the main menu when using a controller
- Fixed an exploit where you could glitch your head inside something to make the ghost not see you
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the temperature would rarely drop in the attic
- Fixed several safe spots where you could stand on something, and the ghost couldn’t reach you
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the hunting equipment effects didn’t always work in the attic
- Fixed a bug where the ghost whisper paranormal sound was staying active on the parabolic microphone
Are you excited that a single player mode is finally available in Phasmophobia? If so, share your excitement across our social media channels.
Shop with GameByte!
Do not forget you can find great games and more on the GameByte Shop! We’ve stocked up our store with the latest games, merch, and accessories. We might even have a new-gen console or two! Sign up to our newsletter to be notified of our console drops, deals and more. Please note that the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers Credit only.
Featured Image Credit: Kinetic Games