After receiving a clue that points to the mythic pirate island Libertalia in Chapter 12 of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Nate and Sam will find themselves underground in a large underground room where they must use light to solve a puzzle. Similar to the Founders Wheel puzzle before it, this ship wheel light puzzle has a few steps to it and can be quite complicated. If you’re stuck on the ship wheel light puzzle and need help in working out how to complete it, check out our guide to solving it below.
HOW TO SOLVE THE SHIP WHEEL LIGHT PUZZLE
The ship wheel light puzzle is located quite a chunk of the way into Chapter 12 of Uncharted 4, titled “At Sea”. It occurs after Nate and Sam have arrived on the island and climbed their way into the middle of the island and down the sinkhole. Eventually, you’ll come into a large room with a pirate ship wheel in the centre, and spheres and light shining on the wall.
To start the puzzle, interact with the wheel in the centre of the room to start turning it. The wheel pivots the spheres around the entire room, while the rotate button will rotate any sphere that’s placed on one of the circular pedestals you can also see on the wall.
To solve each row of spheres, you need to match the light symbol with the corresponding sphere.
Here’s how to solve the first row:
- Move left until the sphere on the left can be rotated
- Rotate it three times
- Move it left again until the next sphere, the one on the right, can be rotated
- Rotate that one six times
- Move them both again to the left until both spheres are in the rays of light
THE NEXT ROWS
There are two more rows you need to solve just like that one to complete the puzzle. Here’s what you need to do in order to complete the second row:
- Move left until the sphere on the right can be rotated
- Rotate it twice
- Move right until the sphere on the left can be rotated
- Rotate that one four times
- Move the spheres into the light
And for the third and final row, here’s what you need to do:
- Rotate the sphere four times
- Move it left until the right-hand sphere can be rotated
- Rotate that one six times
- Then finalise it by moving the spheres back into the light
With that complete, you can enter a new doorway that’s opened up in front of you. Go here to finish the room and complete the puzzle.
That’s how you beat the ship wheel light puzzle in Uncharted 4. If you find yourself stuck on other puzzles in the game, be sure to check out our other guides.
Don’t forget you can find great games and more on the GameByte Shop! Our store is stocked up with the latest games, merch and accessories. We might even have a new-gen console or two! Sign up to our newsletter to be notified of our console drops, deals and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Naughty Dog