Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is due to get its full reveal later today (Aug 26), but already the game has been hit by major leaks.
Two warnings here: 1) As with all unconfirmed rumours, take the following with a pinch of salt. 2) The following article contains potential spoilers for CoD Black Ops Cold War. Process with caution.
The latest update for Modern Warfare and Warzone has been fully datamined, and it’s revealed a lot of upcoming content we can expect to see in Black Ops Warzone. The game’s supposed release date, modes and even pre-order details have been unpacked from the content, so strap in for this one.
As shared by known CoD leakers The Gaming Revolution and ModernWarzone, here’s what we can expect to see. (Note that datamined info is always subject to change, so don’t take this as gospel).
Check out the full leaks here, or our summary list below!
- Black Ops Cold War is a direct sequel to the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, so some continuation of the the story is expected.
- Frank Woods will be the protagonist.
- The game is set during the Regan administration.
- Black Ops Cold War is supposedly launching on Friday November 13.
- The full multiplayer reveal is coming September 9.
- A playable beta will come in September. Snag a spot by pre-ordering the game.
- Special Agent Hudson will return.
- The normal mini-map is back.
- Play of the Game and Slide Jumping are back.
- Dead Silence is back.
- Field Upgrades are back.
- Stim Shot is back.
- Ground War is back. UAV, Chopper Gunner, Cruise Missle, VTOL, Napalm Strike, Flamethrower, and Artillery Scorestreaks are back.
- Kill Confirmed, Domination and VIP are back.
- Expect gameplay to be a mix of Black Ops 2, WWII, and Black Ops 4.
- Weapons include: AK74u, MP5, AK5, M16A2, SOCIMI821, Type 63, Stoner 63, Type 15, Colt Commando, M40.
- Slide canceling is less effective than in Modern Warfare.
- Skill-based matchmaking (SBMM) is back.
- Time to kill is apparently slower than Modern Warfare, though faster than Black Ops 4. You will have 150 health.
- New Miami-based and desert maps are in the game.
- There are no specialists or abilities.
- Scorestreaks are back rather than Killstreaks, but with a “twist.” The new iteration is supposedly a middle ground between Killstreaks and Scorestreaks.
- You will get five attachments per weapon.
- Loadouts are a hybrid between pick-10 and the Modern Warfare system, with three perks per loadout.
Featured Image Credit: Activision