A new Remothered game is coming, and it sounds as though it could be the most terrifying game ever.
Remothered: Tormented Fathers was released back in 2018, and if you never played it – it’s basically a third-person horror game. But now it’s back with a sequel, and they’ve stepped things up a notch.
Check out the trailer from Gamescom…
One of the main things that the Remothered sequel is pushing is the fact that it has ‘Real-Time Cinematics’. They say: “In a series first, fully animated real-time cinematics will breathe new life into the characters and world of Remothered for an unprecedented level of immersion.”
So basically, they reckon you’ll be more immersed in this game (as the psychological terror that it instills) than ever.
They have new gameplay and ‘storytelling elements’ that, coupled with the ‘thrilling psychological plot’, should be enough to make even the most hardened horror-loving gamer sh*t their pants.
The game description says: “The truths buried in the Ashmann Inn will not be discovered easily – its many mysteries are intertwined and guarded by the looming threat of the stalkers, powerful hunters trapped in time and the confines of its walls,
“Survival will take more than just quick reactions as a strategic and resourceful approach will quickly become critical in this haunting adventure. Be smart – knowing the best time to sneak, flee or fight imminent dangers can quickly make the hunters become the hunted.”
They add that the game has:
- Thrilling Psychological Plot. The award-winning cult classic Remothered returns in Broken Porcelain, the perfect entry point for new fans discovering the franchise as well as series veterans craving additional lore surrounding the events and characters of Tormented Fathers.
- Realistic Survival Horror. The Ashmann Inn is as rich in resources as it is dangers. Cautiously scour the environment for items to aid your exploration of unsettling locations that hide grave secrets of a terrifying past.
- Intense Stealth Gameplay. Roam among the shadows of Ashmann Inn and use everything at your disposal to distract enemies for a resourceful escape.
- Investigate and Escape. Challenging puzzles, expanded lore, and a haunting soundtrack by composer Luca Balboni (Remothered: Tormented Fathers, Mine, Watch Them Fall) transforms the dark and gloomy atmosphere into a terrifying experience that will haunt players well after the game is over.
- Captivating Characters. The roster of charismatic characters grows as fan favorites return to meet all the new additions to the cast inspired by the protagonists of horror classics.
Can’t wait to play. It should be out in summer 2020.