We’ve all done weird things to get achievements and trophies in the past, but now players are deliberately dying in Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla to help other players get a particularly buggy achievement.
So, why exactly would this help another player get an achievement? Well, it’s all because of a specifically buggy achievement that requires players to “Avenge the death of 10 players”. Sounds simple, right? Well no. Not when it comes to the game’s avenge system, which is currently on a list of Ubisoft’s known issues with Valhalla.
In a post made by Ubisoft in its player support form, the company cited that “Avenge quests are difficult to spot”, making your chances of successfully unlocking the achievement unassisted very slim.
While the achievement isn’t actually a part of the Xbox or PlayStation trophy list, it does pertain to Ubisoft’s own “Ubisoft Connect”, which will reward players with XP for completing achievements. XP means prizes, such as cosmetic rewards, so you can understand player frustration.
Luckily, a handy Reddit post exists that details “How to avenge a player”, something that serves as a handy workaround for the games inherent flaws. Instructions for successfully carrying out the achievement requirements are as follows [via Eurogamer]:
- Fast Travel to the High Point “Ruined Tower” in East Anglia
- Ride south toward Scotthoh Farm
- Kill all enemies
- Sit on the roof idle for five to 15 minutes.
- Wait for Eivor to make a comment. Comments can vary each time.
- Use Odin’s sight after the comment and you should have a blue highlight with an objective.
- Interact with the body and “confirm kill” on the already dead bodies. Avenge Complete.
- (Optional but courteous): This can be completed before step three or you can come back after the enemies spawn but DIE a few times to potentially spawn your body for other players.
Hopefully, these instructions help players achieve vengeance while they wait on Ubisoft providing some sort of patch.
Until then, it’s nice to see a community coming together to solve a common problem (even if it does involve repeatedly killing yourself).
Have you been struggling with this Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla buggy achievement?
Shop With GameByte!
Don’t forget you can find some of these great games and more through the new GameByte Shop! The GameByte Shop is stocked up with the latest games, merch and accessories. We might even have a new-gen console or two! Find the shop here and sign up to our newsletter to be notified of our console drops. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Ubisoft