The next patch for Call of Duty: Warzone is about to go live (it’s due today, May 19th, depending where you are in the world) and with it comes a brand-new mode: Classic Battle Royale.
While most game updates strive to introduce new ways to mix-up the tried and tested formulas, the Classic Battle Royale mode is taking things back to basics. The Warzone features you’re used to, such as Buy Stations, the Gulag and Contracts will all be gone, and the circle will be ever-collapsing. Once you die, you’re done, so this isn’t a going to be a mode for the faint of heart.
Keen-eyed GameByte readers might recognise the mode, which was previously leaked last month. References to Classic Battle Royale Mode were spotted in the game files, along with 12 other game mode which we’ll almost definitely be hearing of again in the future.
Here’s a full list of the 13 modes, as discovered by Reddit user DougDagnabbit:
1.Classic BR – No Cash, Contracts, Gulags, loadouts, or respawns
2. Mo Gulag Mo Problems – Dead players go to Gulag until final 3 circles, NO buybacks
3. BYOL – Bring your own loadout, start w/ your loadout
4. Non Stop – Gas always closing
5. PewPew – High dmg pistols & Explosive Physics
6. Run Like Hell – Circle is faster than a running player
7. Bottom Line – When a player dies they will drop back into the fight if they have enough cash on them. Gulag disabled
8. Realism – Minimal HUD
The rest have no description in their strings.
9. Infinite Gulag – ??♂️
10. Most Wanted – ??♂️
11. One shot – Gonna go out on a limb here and say you’ll die in 1 shot
12. Stimulus – I’m guessing more money available or just increased money rates in general
13. Inflation Redeployment – No clue ??♂️
Expect these new game modes to be Limited Time Modes!
Featured Image Credit: Activision