Elden Ring has been updated to version 1.03, with the Elden Ring 1.03 Patch Notes addressing gameplay balancing over fixes this time around. Not only this but some content has been removed whilst new NPCs have been added, which makes us feel very positive about potential upcoming DLC. Here are some stand out points from the Elden Ring 1.03 Patch Notes:
Elden Ring 1.03 Patch Notes Round-Up
Although some fixes have been implemented, the biggest takeaways from the below patch notes are nerfing of effective gradual damage such as Bleed Damage and reducing the effects of Mimic Tear Spirit Ash.
Also, we’re sorry to inform players that they can no longer obtain the Ragged Armour set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in Elden Ring v 1.02. Although it’s been deleted from the game, we’re not sure why considering it has a full stat loadout and is ready for players to use. We can only assume this will be included in future downloadable content or in future NPC updates.
Speaking of which, there are multiple improvements to NPC too, including allowing more summonable ones available in various situations. There are some new NPCs too such as Jar-Bairn, find out more about him here. There’s also a new feature allowing players to make notes on the map where an NPC is located, a god send of a feature.
There are plenty of points to pour over with this latest update, which is doubling as a half-decent free content drop too. Here are the full patch notes below:
Elden Ring 1.03 Patch Notes
Additional Elements Added
- Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
- Added night background music for some open field areas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from obtaining items after the boss battle.
- Fixed a bug that causes the dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In a situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug that causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug that causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed hang-ups on certain occasions.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows players to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug that causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effects.
- Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of the Unseen Form spell.
- Deleted the Ragged armour set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in the previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes the incorrect sound effects to play in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs that cause incorrect visuals and behaviour for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameters for some armour.
- Text fixes.
- Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
- Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop lineup.
- Increased shield’s effectiveness.
- Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spray mist.
- Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
- Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Great bow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
- Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
- Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp’s damage and increased cast time.
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
- Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
- Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behaviour pattern.
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:
- App Ver. 1.03
- Regulation Ver. 1.03.1
Don’t forget you can find great games and more on the GameByte Shop! Our store is stocked up with the latest games, merch and accessories. We might even have a new-gen console or two! Sign up for our newsletter to be notified of our console drops, deals and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.