Players have been asking for a ‘sandbox mode’ for a long time now. If you aren’t aware what a sand box mode is, it is basically a mode where you can build whatever you like and mess around as much as you want with the mechanics of the game without having to worry about enemies. Just like Creative mode on Minecraft if you will.
Fortnite finally answered with such a game mode. It’s called play ground and all of the info about it can be seen below.
- You’ll have one hour to create, play and train
- Friendly Fire is on
- Players respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn’t start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time
A new weapon has also been added to the mighty Battle Royale mode. It is the Dual Pistol.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants
- 41-43 base damage
- Uses Medium Ammo
- Shoots both pistols with one pull of the trigger
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops
- Does not use first shot accuracy
A glitch in the game has also accidentally revealed when the the Rocket, that is found in the evil lair will be launched.
Shopping Carts have been disabled for a while now, but finally they have been enabled again and have a nice little addition. Epic have said this about the update.
“Significant jumps that are landed with the Shopping Cart now appear in the elimination feed (height, distance, and time).”
I am getting GTA style stunt bonuses from this update and I am definitely looking forward to riding my shopping cart off a hill. I also think that getting a certain distant jumped will be in a future weeks challenge set. Now that will be chaos!
There are even more patch notes and you can read the rest of them here.