Fortnite Seasons 5 has been a long time coming and now it is finally here. It holds a whole host of new items and even a new 4 man vehicle.
There is also something called Rifts which look like portals that may take you to random or set parts of the map when you interact with them.
Check out the leaked Skins gliders and back blings for season 5 here!
Weapons and Items in game
- Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit, visible within the reticle
- Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent with no random variation
- Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5
- Maximum damage for the Heavy Shotgun remains unchanged
- After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be fired for a very short time
- Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets
- Changed the damage drop-off profile for the Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs
- Fall off starts at 24 meters from 28 meters
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters from 85% at 47.5 meters
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50+ meters from 75% at 70+ meters
New Additions to Game-play
- All Terrain Kart (ATK)
- The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for your entire squad
- Get a speed boost after drifting
- The roof acts as a bounce pad
- Work together as rear passengers to leap over obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the same time for a higher jump
- Lean back by holding S on keyboards or holding back on the thumbstick for controllers
- New Biome: Desert
- New Location: Paradise Palms
- New Location: Lazy Links
- A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across the island
- The center of Storm circles 7, 8, and 9 can now shift in random directions (instead of simply shrinking). As the storm closes in, it will move & shrink to the new location
- Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will no longer be restricted to a single season. You can now complete progressive challenges at your own pace
- Progressive challenges are now completed by acquiring a fixed amount of XP and is no longer dependant on your season level
- Weekly challenges are now split into two sections, free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass. The threshold to unlock the weekly challenge reward will remain at 4
Other updates to Gameplay
- Rifts – not a lot is known about these but they act like portals to different parts of the map
- Down But Not Out players now have smaller collision. Previously their collision was at the standing height which blocked DBNO players from crawling under doors and blocked building collision in some cases
- Players that were crouching when knocked Down But Not Out will be returned to a crouching state upon revival
- Emoting will now interrupt sprinting
- You now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP)
- Weapon reticle will now fade slightly when reloading, out of ammo, or changing weapons.
The player camera can now see out of the water when walking in lakes
There are also a whole host of new skins coming this patch and some of them look sick.