Gran Turismo 7 Overtakes Elden Ring In Boxed Sales Charts

Gran Turismo 7 has claimed pole position in the UK boxed sales charts, knocking Elden Ring from its top spot.

Elden Ring FAQ: Every Guide You’ll Need

As reported by Gamesindustry.biz, data compiled by GfK, a data analytics website that tracks sales performance, Gran Turismo 7 was the best selling game last week. It also means that GT7 is the fourth new number one in the charts in as many weeks.

YouTube video

Gamesindustry.biz also reports that Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 and PS4 sold 28% less boxed sales than 2017s GT Sport. However, the current data only includes boxed sales and not digital sales. The digital sales numbers will be revealed later this week.

Furthermore, 76% of Gran Turismo 7 sales were on PS5 with the remaining 24% being on PS4. GT7 is also the fourth highest launch so far this year. Only Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring and Pokemon Legends: Arceus have topped Sony’s racer. That being said, GT7 is PlayStation’s second best seller in 2022, behind Forbidden West.

As of the week ending March 5th, the top 10 boxed sales in the UK are as followed:

  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Elden Ring
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • FIFA 22
  • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Dying Light 2: Stay Human
  • Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)
Image of hero from Elden Ring
Credit: FromSoftware

What new games have you been enjoying lately or are they any that you plan to pick up? Let us know across our social media channels.

Shop with GameByte!

Do not forget you can find great games and more on the GameByte Shop! Our store is stocked up with the latest games, merch, and accessories. We might even have a new-gen console or two! Sign up to our newsletter to be notified of our console drops, deals and more. Please note that the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers Credit only.

Featured Image Credit: Polyphony Digital