We’ve officially gotten our first look at the PlayStation 5, and it looks like something straight out of the future. While the design of the next-gen console has divided gamers, the stellar line-up of games revealed at the PlayStation 5 event of June 11 definitely hasn’t. In case you missed Sony’s PS5 event, here’s everything you need to know!
The PS5 event didn’t mess around, diving straight into a stellar line-up of new game reveals and gameplay snippets. Just a few of our personal highlights from the show included: Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, Resident Evil Village and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
Those might be some of GameByte’s personal ones to watch, but there was a TONNE of other reveals to get excited about.
Check out the full list of game reveals below!
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire™: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall™ (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore® (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™ (Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
Lots of the footage shown off last night was captured using a PlayStation 5, meaning we finally got to see some next-gen games running on the PS5’s new hardware. One of the most impressive that we saw was Gearbox’s Godfall.
The raw footage is looking pretty darn tasty, with gameplay that looks incredibly satisfying. Check it out below, or have a look at some of the other new gameplay on PlayStation’s YouTube!
The show ended on a high with the official console reveal, which was shown off in all it glory. Although you’ve probably seen some memes of the new look by now, I actually thing it looks pretty swanky (though those ledges are going to be a nightmare for dust).
The console will be available with two models at launch: the PlayStation 5 and the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
A number of additional console accessories were also shown off, including a DualSense docking charger, an HD camera, a PULSE 3D Wireless Headset and a Media Remote. I guess we’ll see more about these and how they can enhance your gameplay experience a little further down the line.
Check out the reveal in the tweet below.
Sadly, we still don’t know how much the PS5 (or its digital counterpart) will actually cost. Estimates are running anywhere from £500 to £700 GBP though this is all conjecture at this point. It seems as though Microsoft and Sony are each waiting for the other to reveal their price point first, so it’s anyone’s guess as to when that could be!
Featured Image Credit: Sony