We all know that Valve has a distaste for the number 3. We would love a Half Life 3 or a Portal 3 but I will more than happily take a Left 4 Dead 3. There have been a number of hints dropped in the past few weeks that the third game in the zombie series may be coming sooner than we think.
When is Left 4 Dead 3 coming out?
There is no official release date for the long awaited 3rd episode of the Left 4 Dead series but Valve has been teasing us. We also know that Valve do not like to do third games in a series with games like Portal and Half Life. Keep your eyes peeled, we certainly will be.
the Left 4 Dead 2 Facebook page
The page has recently changed its cover photo and now it shows what we think is a zombies hand holding up three fingers.
This is the first of the big clues that the internet has noticed in the past few weeks.
Left 4 Dead 2’s official page was taken down or removed, and someone has taken it over ~23 hours ago and uploaded an edited hand picture from the L4D1 trailer. The page had over a million of likes before, but now it is a personal page. pic.twitter.com/idOow8nE01
— Steam Database (@SteamDB) February 11, 2018
CS: GO patch notes
These patch notes include a line about an “ashtray for smokers.” And as avid Left 4 Dead players will know the Smoker is one of the special Zombies you get to play as in the game. There is, of course, a smoke reference in CS:GO as well in that players can buy and throw ‘Smoke’ bombs. But we are unsure as to why there would need to be an ashtray for this. Very suspicious!
- Closed off windows overlooking the courtyard and A
- Cleaned up sightline from corner balcony toward A and Arch
- Made CT route to B more direct
- Joined two rooms on CT side of B into one space
- The simplified cover on back side of B
- Removed Ivy “laddice”, now a skill jump / boost spot
- Grenade-clipped CT bridge railings for more predictable smokes
- Moved courtyard statues forward for cleaner sightline
- Added ashtray for smokers
- Re-released and updated the Phoenix Compound co-op map on the workshop
- Updated Cache and Shipped to the latest versions. Details can be found on the workshop pages
Valve knows how insane the internet goes at the slightest inkling of a Half Life 3 ‘hint’ so this could just be them playing a bit of a joke with the community but we like to believe it is real.
If you can’t wait for the Left 4 Dead 3 release date then you should try out Earthfall – a new co-op alien shooter inspired by the game.