Dragon Age Netflix series gets a brand-new trailer as well as a December release date. Oh, and a star-studded cast has been revealed.
Dragon Age: Absolution will premiere on Netflix on December 9th, 2022. It will be over the course of six episodes each running for 30 minutes. Which is also pretty much the same format as the popular Castlevania animated series.
The animated series will tell a new tale
The story of Dragon Age: Absolution tells the tale of: “When a heist against the most powerful man in Tevinter goes south. An elven mercenary named Miriam (Kimberly Brooks) is forced into a desperate fight for survival. Now, to save herself and her friends, Miriam will have to confront the tragic past she’s spent a lifetime trying to escape.”
Furthermore, Netflix has also revealed the actors that will be behind the diverse cast of characters in the upcoming animated series.
The Dragon Age: Absolution voice cast includes:
- Kimberly Brooks (Batman Arkham) as MIRIAM – A pragmatic elven mercenary who escaped enslavement in Tevinter, Miriam is closed off to many who know her. But her heroic nature shines through when she’s forced to confront the nation that destroyed her life, and the man at the heart of her misery.
- Matt Mercer (Resident Evil) as FAIRBANKS – A veteran freedom fighter, Fairbanks leads our heroes with a warm-hearted sense of adventure, a pair of daggers, and a dashing smile to boot.
- Ashly Burch (Horizon) as QWYDION – A bubbly Qunari mage with a penchant for explosions, Qwydion is an open-hearted, easily-distracted blabbermouth who can level a building or cure a hangover, depending on the situation.
- Sumalee Montano (Ghost of Tsushima) as HIRA – An idealistic mage, Hira hopes to rekindle her relationship with Miriam while advancing her relentless crusade against Tevinter. But a terrible secret will put both at risk.
- Phil Lamar (Mass Effect) as ROLAND – Despite his effortless demeanour, the charming Roland possesses unmatched grit. When disaster looms and all seems lost, Roland is as sure as the blade he wields.
- Keston John (Avatar) as LACKLON – A dwarven Lord of Fortune, Lacklon is a gruff fighter, a born brawler, a complete glory hound, and just enough of a coward to make sure he stays alive.
- Josh Keaton (Metal Gear Solid) as REZAREN – Born to privilege and plagued by tragedy, Rezaren sees himself as a good man in a wicked world. Intelligent and charismatic, Rezaren is determined to build a better future for everyone in Tevinter, no matter the cost.
- Zehra Fazal (Halo Infinite) as TASSIA – Dutiful and hardworking, Tassia turns a blind eye to everything that doesn’t meet her moral standards. But even she won’t be able to ignore the sins of Tevinter (or Rezaren) forever…
A new Dragon Age game is on the way
The Dragon Age Netflix animated series is an adaptation of the popular RPG video game series developed by BioWare. However, it’s been a while since we’ve had a major release in the series. The last game to release was 2014’s Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Thankfully, however, a new game is on the way. Dragon Age: Deadwolf was first revealed during EA Play back in June 2020.
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a release date for Deadwolf. Earlier this year, publisher EA did reveal that the game is currently “in the middle of production”. We do know that Dragon Age: Deadwolf will release for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Are you looking forward to the Dragon Age animated series as well as Deadwolf? Let us know across our social media channels.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our video of the week. 10 of the scariest horror games of all time are shown off. What is your favourite horror game?
Featured Image Credit: EA/Netflix/Source: Netflix