Gran Turismo 7 developer Polyphony Digital has apologised for the recent controversies and promises major fixes and free credits.
In a post on the PS Blog, Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi addressed the concerns of fans and big promises were made. Not only with future updates and features for GT7, but also with the promise of 1,000,000 free credits as compensation.
“Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard,” said Yamauchi. “I would like to apologise for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.”
Plenty of fixes will be made
New updates for Gran Turismo 7 will begin to roll out from the start of April. Changes will be made to in-game rewards, additional events as well as finally being able to sell used cars.
what changes are being made from April?
- Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
- Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
- Increase of rewards in Online Races.
- Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
- Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
How do I claim the 1 million credits?
In terms of the free 1,000,000 credits, you must claim them before April 25th. Claiming the credits is easy, just log into the game and they will automatically be added to your account.
Furthermore, beyond the early April fixes, new cars, tracks, events as well as any required improvements will be made to GT7. However, the ability to sell used cars will arrive in a later patch, along with additional features and fixes.
No release date for the post-early April updates have been revealed, but all announcements will be made via GranTurismo.com. Future updates will make the following changes:
- Increase the pay-out value of limited-time rewards as we develop as a live service.
- Further World Circuit event additions.
- Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
- Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top-ranked time.
- Make it so cars can be sold.
What are your thoughts on the apology for all of Gran Turismo 7s avoidable issues? Are you happy with the changes, fixes, and free credits? Let us know across our social media channels.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Polyphony Digital